Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- Nursery hours are 7.30am – 6.00pm.Children should be collected promptly at the end of the day or session. If children are consistently collected late, the nursery will charge a fee to cover the extra staffing.
- A non-refundable deposit equivalent to one month’s fees will be required once your child has been offered a nursery place. The deposit is deductible from your first month’s fees.
- Fees will not be refunded or waived for absence through sickness or any other reason. No compensation will be paid or refund given if the nursery has to close due to any reasons beyond the control of the nursery such as power failures, weather conditions.
- For dishonored cheques/payments a charge of £12 per occasion will be applied.
- Children may be excluded from the nursery if fees remain outstanding for more than 10 working days beyond the due date
- Nursery fees must be paid monthly at the beginning of each four/ five week period.
- All absences (sickness and holidays) will be charged at full cost.
- Full fees are required for days we are closed i.e. bank holidays and a period over Christmas (this will vary each year and you will be notified well in advance).
- If you require additional days on a permanent basis this must be from the 1st of each month so fees can be worked out for the month in advance.
- One month’s notice is required to terminate a place.
- Only one child can receive NHS or our older sibling discount at one time.
- No child will be allowed to leave the setting with any person who is under the age of 16.
- If there are concerns regarding the welfare of any child, we must inform social services, and reserve the right to do so.
- In the event of an emergency where permission cannot be obtained from a parent or carer, the nursery is authorized to consent to emergency treatment as necessary. It is the responsibility of the parent to keep us informed of any changes in contact numbers.
- No medicine can be administered without parent/carers consent. Calpol will be administered only if the child has a high temperature &only if you have signed the Calpolconsent form, unless your child’s temperature reaches dangerously high levels.
- For security reasons, if the child is to be collected by anyone other than the parent or a known career, the nursery must be given prior notice. Under no circumstances will the child be allowed to leave with unauthorized person or with a person unfit to look after the child’s safety.
- At Bright Stars we believe in including all children from all cultures and backgrounds including disabled children and children with Special Educational Needs.
- Whilst every effort is made to take care of your child’s belongings and toys etc no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage.
- Parents of children who are not potty trained must provide the nursery with nappies and wipes. If you do not supply the nursery with either after 1 week of asking the nursery will buy a packet of nappies and wipes and ask you for the money to be refunded. (Receipt will be supplied)
- It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to notify the nursery of any allergies the child suffers (these must be recorded on their enrolment form).
- For safety reasons, any information about allergies will be displayed on the wall in the child’s room so everybody is aware.
- Parents and carers are asked to refer to the nurseries Illness and communicable diseases policy for periods of exclusion from nursery.
- The nursery undertakes to maintain those insurances required by law. Copies of the current employer’s liability and public liability insurance are displayed on the notice board.
- Any concerns or complaints about the care or safety of a child should be made in the first instance to the leader in charge. If the matter is not resolved at this level then notification should be made to the manager/proprietor in writing. All written complaints will be dealt with within 14 days.
- Universal hours for early years free education will be 10.96 per week unless extended hours are available. Parents will need to visit childcare choices website to claim their eligibility code and send back to us to check this. Only then will the additional hours be available for their child.
- FEE children will only be able to claim once a term starts. They are not able to claim midterm only their universal 10.96 hours per week.
- 5.5 hours funding will only be available per day and 3 hours per am/pm session.
- These terms and conditions stand in conjunction with Bright Stars Day Nursery policies and procedures, copies of which are available to view at any time.
I agree to the Terms and conditions of Bright Stars Day Nursery Ltd and understand that Bright Stars reserves the right to terminate a child’s place in the event that any fees remain unpaid or where any of the terms and conditions are breached.